Thursday, January 27, 2011

WEEK 3: Intermediate Home Page Design cont.

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite...."  

Current site. I threw this in here as a case study...one I've been wanting to progress from recently. 
The basic design I still like. Though I always wanted more in the background, especially underneath (reveal) the moving bars. 

Best tips Ive got so far from colleagues as to what to change/add/remove:
  • Focus more on client-based (published or volunteer) work rather than fine art, or at least put the former before the latter. 
  • Add my resume. (Used to have it on there as a pdf, but it got outdated and I took some major turns and just didn't get back to it. I may throw it back up this week tho in lieu of needing PT work...)
  • For the visual displays of work, use a slideshow (e.g., Lightbox) technique rather than all images on one long single strand, you want to focus on one image at a time, and not have to use a back button or find out where you've been taken (not to pop up a new window). New widgets provide for a pop-up/fade away over the current window that I really look forward to using. 
Where else to go from here? Wordpress, widgets, resume, try and turn my twirling tattoo into a logo (as it is my design).




No comments:

Post a Comment